Thursday, March 08, 2007

You Be Illin'

On the list of things that are entirely unawesome, waking up with a fever and the Alternating Chills & Sweats the day of a big trip has to be near the top of said list. If I overdose on whatever brand of non-drowsy Tylenol I picked up last night, at least I can say I was trying to squash the pain in order to have some fun in my life. Well, I guess that's how everybody overdoses. But I'm special (needs).

In feeling sad for myself and this awful temporary illness, I thought about Nuprin today. Whatever happened to that fucker? Little, yellow, different, better. I used to love that slogan, and I think youse all did too. I always thought Michael Chang should have been their pitchman, because, hey, doesn't that kinda describe him too?

And then I got to thinking about pitchmen in general, and a grand idea hit me. I've never been to a Buffalo Wild Wings eatery, and until they started increasing their ad presence I'd never even heard of them. But now they have commercials on nonstop, though I still have no clue where they are. Regardless of all that, are these people kidding me by not having Tone Loc do their mershes? Sing it with me now: "She loves to eat at Wild Wings." Wild Wangs, duh, duh duh, da da, Wild Wangs. I'd start eating there every day if they pulled that off. Not really.

Anyway, I feel terrible and I'm off in an hour to the Langerado Music Festival in sunny Florida. I won't be Slackin' it up tomorrow, but I will be posting over on Hidden Track throughout the weekend. So if you're one of the 10 people in the crowd here that enjoys my musical taste, feel free to check in over there for some weekend updates. As for the rest of youse -- well, you're on your own tomorrow. I suggest suicide.

Slack Link of the Day: These letters to the FCC about Prince's Super Bowl halftime performance can't be real, right? Gotta be someone fucking with them. Wow, check this one out, which contains the sentence: "Thanks CBS for turning my son GAY." Awesome.

9 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Alex Fritz said...

And thank you, Ace, for turning me GAY.

If you really want to know: BW3's are over here, in the flyovers. They're fucking everywhere and they aren't exactly all that and a bag of sun chips.

Happy travels.

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little, yellow, different, better=Yo Yo Ma

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger neddy said...

I never really thought about it before, but Snickers bars ARE pretty phallic... and tasty and chock full of nuts! Thanks crazy Middle America!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

Here's my BW3's story:

I was at the annual Halloween party in Madison, WI circa 2001. I was dressed as Popeye, but by about 11:00 I was dressed as "a sailor" since most of my accessories had been lost or destroyed. My two friends that were with me for most of the night were dressed as Maverick and Goose in the white dress uniforms. None of us went to school at UW at the time and were therefore staying with a fourth friend who we had long since lost that night.

So we're well wasted by bar time and hungry for wings. We go to B-Dubs and each order like 18 wings "to go" planning on eating them on the way to our friend's house. I had had the "wild" wings before and handled them fine, but I had never tried the "blazen" variety (the hottest one). I thought this was a good time to give it a try. My friends agreed. However, we forgot to buy something to drink and forgot to grab napkins. We also forgot where our other friend lived. Moments later three drunk idiots in white fake military uniforms covered in orange sauce were wondering the city crying and eating wings--a trail of chicken bones behind us. We found the place after about twenty minutes but it seemed like hours, or even days. I thought I was going to die.

So yeah, BW3's is pretty cool I guess.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Momentary Academic said...

Damn it. I was going to thank you for turning me gay too. Crap.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Lozo said...

to really hammer home the "little, yellow, different" slogan, you'd need a japanese kid who had his penis deformed in the atomic bomb attacks do the ad.

would that be weird? no weirder than a guy telling me "14 floors down, they call me mr. big hot pastrami" in order to get me to eat at subway.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger NAME: Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

What happened to Tone's arm!

"She said, 'hey you two, I was once like you, and I loved to eat at Wild Wangs."

We have Burrito Loco's out here, and I always thought Ricky Martin could make ends meet by singing, "Eating at Burrito Loco!"

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger hoobs said...

Where does the third W come from in BW3? I have heard people call it that, but don't understand. I assume it can only mean Buffalo Wild Wings, Word.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

"Where does the third W come from in BW3?"

Somebody told me once... I think the original store was Called Buffalo Wild Wings and "Weck" or something like that. Weck (or maybe it's "Welk"... I forget) is a kind of roll or bread or something that people eat in Buffalo. That may be total bullshit, but that's what I heard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home