Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Too Soon?: The McBeef Epic Gets Epic

I said yesterday that someone had to act out the Virginia Tech killer kid's brilliant one-act entitled Richard McBeef on YouTube and let the Internet make them a superstar. Well, I think it's about to begin, and I'd like to get the ball rolling. May I present, This Genius:



Here's Part II, featuring the introduction of the mother character:



You gotta love a few things about this thing: It's the first one as far as I know, which is key. But you can actually hear this kid breathing heavily as he struggles to change characters, which adds to the awesomeoness. Plus you've got the family dog coming in for a cameo where a cameo wasn't warranted. Classic. The whole production is craisins. Two thumbs up and a kudos bar to you, Steve Brandon.

Gore God Bless the Internet. I see we have another entry, a cold read:



I like the first guy better. I cast him to be my Internet Superstar.

6 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Steve Brandon said...

Oh, "poor poor boy"... the other guy's probably right. But Seung spelt it "Poo Poo boy", so I just pronounced it the way it was read.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Steve Brandon said...

"Way it was spelt", sorry.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Boxcar Fritz said...

I'm upset that the horribly hilarious name of "Dick McBeef" can no longer be used for comedy's sake without the user being labeled a jerk.

I'm also upset I didnt think of that name first. Dick McBeef.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Ace Cowboy said...

And one more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMsWzlFF5_E

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Steve Brandon said...

Eh, sorry, I didn't mind blog attention (what I was looking for) but the AP wire story in which I was mentioned by name was a bit too much so I had to take it down.

The AP was really scratching the bottom of the barrel if they thought that was worth mentioning, though.

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can see a fully realized version of McBeef here.

Part I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCzvFNPkHY4

Part II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coScLmOWW1s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home