Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My Evening with the Allmans

Last night marked the first time in my nearly 28 years of earthly cognizance that I elected to attend a concert over a big-time sporting event. And given Florida’s early lead and subsequent coasting in the NCAA Final over Ohio State, and given my glorified side-stage perspective of a hot-as-fuck band from the right side of the second row, I’m confident I made the fine choice to head up to the Beacon.

I'm gonna be the clever cross-promoter here: Head on over to the musical playground for a full review of last night's festivities...

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Boxcar Fritz said...

"Last night marked the first time in my nearly 28 years of earthly cognizance" I know I'm only a year younger than you (actually I dind't know that before...), but us gen-whatevs are starting to sound old.

Re: Allman's being the best band of the post-Flood era: completely agree. While I love me some Skynyrd, Allmans is the definition of southern rock. Always has been, always will be. I can do anything to their music: Fight, love, drink, write... anything.

As for their newer stuff, I still love catching them in concert (especially with the Trucks family resurgence), but "hittin' that note" is an albulm which I will always love. (It's a long, quasi-boring story.)

Glad you got to see a good show!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home