Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Random Hump Day Droppings

It's rainy, Andy Eugene Buttchin's re-emergence in Pinstripes has been postponed and the Chairman of the Boards awaits at the Gramercy tonight. So for now, let's proceed with a couple random thoughts:

--On Monday I saw a chick in a Pepperdine sweatshirt walking passed me going the other way. I kinda feel like that would be a fun school to say you once attended. I went to a college with two directions and a suffix, and that's not fun for anyone. It connotes drabness. Pepperdine is exciting, it's got a condiment in it, and the spacing fits well across the chest on a sweatshirt. Although, part of me feels like Pepperdine should be an all-black school. I mean, what kind of students would you expect at Powderton or Saltbern?

--I came up with a great T-shirt by accident in a conversation with TJ in OH the other day. A light drizzle fell on Manhattan as The TJ family came to town, prompting me to say, "A little rain never hurt nobody... except New Orleans." I'd wear that proudly.

--Since Chilly Jackwater was too big a puss to post this in my Allman Brothers review yesterday, I'll pass along a small snippet of his e-mail to me: "Looks like I'll be missing out on the All Man Band this year (my friends and I always thought that'd be the perfect name for a gay, Allmans cover band)." That's just brilliant stuff right there.

I predict a double headliner of Lez Zeppelin and All Man Brothers Band some time in the next year.

--If this isn't the best picture of the year, I don't know what is. Good God, man, that is one Gangly Handful elevating to heights unknown...


--Along those lines, I slept well to quite well last night, knowing that Liverpool is just about through to the semifinals of the most prestigious competition in the world: the UEFA Champions League.

Following yesterday's 3-0 lambasting of PSV Eindhoven up in Pot Country, the Reds (er, yellows?) are all but assured a spot in the final four against either Chelsea or Valencia. Liverpool dominated play against what could only be called a piss-poor and depleted PSV side, though I've been most impressed by the form of the Reds' backline. Both defensively and contributing to the attack, Liverpool's back four has been incredible of late. In fact, four of their last seven goals have been directly set up by Arbeloa, Finnan and Aurelio. But perhaps the prettiest goal was set up by PSV's defense, with Norwegian Ginger Kid John Arne Riise blasting one into the net with that strong to quite strong left stump of his. Check this shit out.

--I learned it from snorting you, Dad! Turns out, Keith Richards’ longtime manager claims the skeletal rocker was totally kidding when he said “I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow.”

Joke or not, the whole incident begs the question: Which dead person would you most like to cremate and snort? Or better yet, who'd you like to be cremated and snorted by? Would you kill yourself, be cremated and be snorted by Kate Moss just to say you were inside her? I bet you would, you sick fuck.

--Beep for Jesus...Honk Twice for Satan. Awesome.

Allright, that's it for now. Sorry for the lack of effort. This blog sucks.

5 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I bet a little bit of powdered Robin Williams goes a long way. I once made ice cubes out of holy water, then had a Jameson on the (Jesus) rocks. Transubstantiation is tasty.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Momentary Academic said...

This blog doesn't suck. At least I don't think it does.

*honk, honk*

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Claven said...

A recently dead, transient, junkie on the wrong side of the tracks. Just so I could say I blew some dead, transient, junkie on the wrong side of the tracks.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Jude said...

anyone less than G.G. Allin makes you one dull pussy.

dull pussy...great band name...

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Kenny Alias said...

Eh...Freshe' pepperdine?

I don't know who I'd like to snort but I know I'd like to put a little bit of Mitch Hedburg in a spoon - cook it up - and mainline that shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home